• Sweeping views of the water.
• Stunning cloudscapes.
• Floor-to-ceiling windows - for an ultimate indoor-outdoor flow.
• Direct sun exposure from morning until sunset.
• Over-water terraces, emphasizing the optimized connection to the water.
An ultimate sense of vacation, every day!!!
Thatched lake house built according to architectural plan, situated by Loosdrechtse Plassen. The design of the home is gorgeous, with a thatched and copper roof, offering an amazing 287 sqm of floorspace and 1,875 sqm of water and gardens. The lake house features a wrap-around deck, the majority of which is over the water and leads to the private jetty, a bit further down the garden is an annex/ artist studio that also opens to the water. Both the main house and the annex feature high-end finishes.
The lake house consists of a ground-floor level, first-floor level and a basement. The layout is as follows:
Entrance, foyer with a restroom with a toilet and washbasin, spacious hall with large closets and several French doors. Access to the living and sitting room that with a lake view of Loosdrechtse Plassen. Enormous windows accentuate the spectacular view and bring in the exquisite sense of light, and the sweeping view of the water horizon. The extraordinary and large copper fireplace draws the eye to the corner. The generous kitchen/lounge with an island is fitted with a full range of appliances, including a double sink, dishwasher, 5-burner gas cooker, integrated extraction system, refrigerator, freezer, oven, microwave and a steam oven.
Spacious landing with a work or study nook and large fitted closets. The master bedroom faces the water and features a custom-made wardrobe wall and an imposing antique canopy bed. Sliding doors open to the connecting bathroom, which features elegant finishes and is equipped with a free-standing designer bathtub, and a truly exquisite custom-made vanity. The faucets and mirror feature brushed brass finishes.
Landing, hall with walk-in closets, access to the second expansive lounge/tv room and storage room. Two good-sized bedrooms, one with a double bed and the other with four custom-made box beds. Second well-presented bathroom with a toilet, shower and vanity.
Fabulous bright space, with 2 sliding glass doors, numerous windows, a kitchenette and a toilet/ shower.
- According to NEN2580 measurement survey standards, the total residential floor area amounts to 287 sqm, including the outbuilding of 25m2.
- The property is on an expansive 1,875 sqm lot (garden and water).
- The thatched roof features two semi-circular, copper trimmed dormers.
- The villa includes a private jetty: plenty of room to dock your own boat.
- Extremely elegant finishes with high-end materials, implemented under the supervision of architects. The villa was designed by architect R. de Vries (de Vries & Theunissen) and the interior architect Robert Young oversaw the interior finishes .
- Built in 2010.
- On-lot parking and private parking spaces by the road.
- Waterfront location, leading to a tranquil view from inside, but also the option for a host of watersports.
- The entire interior of the home features ‘weathered’ wood panels, lending the home the look and feel of a luxury yacht.
- The villa is fitted with double glazing, beautiful French oak flooring, cantilever stairs with copper bannisters, underfloor heating and radiators.
- Large glass door panels in all rooms open smoothly and are fitted with insect screens.
- Wooden fencing with automatic gates around the perimeter of the home.
This thatched lake house is situated on a historic dyke with a view of and directly by the water of Loosdrechtse Plassen. Of course, the property includes a jetty so that you can dock your own boat. There is direct waterway access to Loosdrechtse Plassen and Vecht river. The watersports options are endless, including paddle boarding of course.
Nieuw-Loosdrecht features a small shopping center for groceries. These shops are only a few minutes' drive from the home and include a supermarket, Hema, a florist and a wonderful bakery. Gijsbrecht van Amstelstraat is home to the most fabulous boutiques and shops and is only a 15-minut drive away. International schools are in nearby Hilversum.
Another option is Breukelen, only 10 minutes away by car, which offers a wide range of amenities including elementary and secondary schools. The area surrounding the home features many restaurants, most can also be accessed by boat.
To be determined